It didn't take long for Meghan Markle's estranged dad, Thomas Markle, to break his silence and take part in yet another interview following the explosive Oprah Winfrey episode with his daughter...
And this time around, he decided to threaten Meghan and Prince Harry.
And he promises to carry his threat through unless they respond to him within thirty days.
Yikes. Read on to hear what he had to say...
Now, many would argue that, since stepping down as senior royals in January 2020, the scrutiny surrounding Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, has intensified to unimaginable levels.
In a joint statement via Instagram, Harry and Meghan announced that they wanted "a normal upbringing for their child" and they felt that spending their time between the U.K. and America would be much more appropriate for their family environment.
Quite understandably, this came as a huge shock worldwide...
As it did to the royal family themselves.
Reports at the time of the announcement claimed that the Queen wasn't notified of Harry and Meghan's plans to step down until after their social media revealation.
Her Majesty published a statement shortly afterward, which read:
"Discussions with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are at an early stage. We understand their desire to take a different approach, but these are complicated issues that will take time to work through."
But, regardless of the controversy, the couple stuck to their word and made the move to Los Angeles...
Where they remain today in Montecito, Santa Barbara, an area renowned for its secluded hillside estates that promise the utmost privacy and, thus, have attracted a whole host of celebrities including Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, and Ellen DeGeneres, who all own homes there.
The pair seem to be living the lives they've always wanted in L.A...
Aw! Such incredible news. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expecting a second baby. Beautiful image. Happy Valentine’s Day all! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/3v0M3NtHQy— Sarah Packer (@Sarah_EmilyP) February 14, 2021
And to make things even more exciting, they announced on Valentine's Day that they are expecting their second child together with this highly-publicized photoshoot.
But despite the big move and step down, the couple still weren't content with their roles in the British monarchy...
So, last month, they announced that they would officially not be returning as working members of the royal family.
A statement from Buckingham Palace said the royals were "saddened by their decision" but that Harry and Meghan "remain much-loved members of the family."
"Following conversations with The Duke, The Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service," the statement read.
"The honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by The Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of The Royal Family."
In the weeks following their dramatic departure, the couple remained relatively under the radar...
Until Harry took part in a widely televised interview with friend and host, James Corden, for The Late Late Show.
Alongside chatting about his new life in L.A, Harry revealed - for the first time - the reason he and Meghan stepped away from the royal family.
When asked, "what made you walk away from the royal family?", Harry politely corrected him by saying, "I didn't walk away."
"It was stepping back rather than stepping down. It was a really difficult environment that I think a lot of people saw... we all know what the British press can be like! And it was destroying my mental health, I was like 'this is toxic!'"
"I did what any husband and father would do."
"I needed to get my family out of there!" he then said.
"But we never walked away. And as far as I'm concerned whatever decisions are made on that side, I will never walk away. I will always be contributing but my life is public service, so wherever I am in the world it's going to be the same thing."
Following this groundbreaking interview, it was then announced that the couple had sat with their friend and broadcasting giant, Oprah Winfrey, for a tell-all interview.
The interview aired on Sunday and, of course, many bombshells and revelations were dropped.
Both Meghan and Harry discussed highly personal topics, such as the effect the bad press had on their mental health...
The truth behind allegations, such as Meghan allegedly making her sister-in-law, Kate Middleton, cry, and how Meghan actually contemplated suicide while pregnant with Archie.
And perhaps the most shocking allegation of them all...
Was when Meghan alleged that the palace had "some concerns" over the potential color of Archie's skin.
Oprah asked the couple, "How did they explain to you that your son - the great-grandson of The Queen - wasn't going to be a prince? You certainly must have had some conversations with Harry about it, and had your own suspicions as to why they didn't want to make Archie a prince?"
With an exasperated sigh, Meghan replied:
"I heard a lot of it through Harry and parts of it in conversations through family members. All the grandeur surrounding this stuff is an attachment that I don't personally have. I'm clear of who I am independent of all that stuff and the most important title I will always have is mom, but the idea of our son not being safe [due to less security because of his title]..."
"We heard it was you and Harry who didn't want Archie to have a prince title?," Oprah interrupted.
Meghan then replied:
"No, it's not our decision to make... I have a lot of clarity of what comes with the title, good or bad, and I wouldn't wish pain on my child, but that is their birthright... In those months when I was pregnant, all around the same time we have in tandem the conversation of he won't be given security, he won't be given a title, and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he was born."
Meghan explained that these conversations were never conducted with her...
But with Harry with members of his family, who have not been publicly named. "So, um... There are several conversations about it with Harry," she explained.
"About how dark your baby is going to be?," followed up Oprah.
"Potentially, and what that would mean or look like," she explained. "It was relayed to me from Harry. Those were conversations that family had with him."
Prince Harry was also asked about the shocking conversation regarding his son's skin colour when he appeared on screen later on in the chat.
"That conversation I'm never going to share," he said firmly. "At the time it was awkward and I was a bit shocked. That was right at the beginning... There was some real obvious signs before we even got married that this was gonna be really hard".
Meghan finished by saying that revealing who had made the comments would be "very damaging to them"...
Meghan Markle says there were concerns in 🇬🇧 Royal family about her child's skin color.— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) March 8, 2021
“You’re not going to tell me who had that conversation?" Oprah asks.
“I think that would be very damaging to them.” #OprahMeghanHarry
And it's clear that whoever made those shocking comments won't be getting outed for it any time soon.
But it seems that certain senior members of the royal family have already been canceled out of the lineup of those who may have made these comments.
According to Sky News, Oprah has said Prince Harry had insisted she tell people his grandmother and grandfather - the Queen and Prince Philip - were not involved.
It's all very shocking...
And just to pour even more fuel on the fire, Meghan's estranged father decided to resurface and take part in a highly publicized interview with the British morning show, Good Morning Britain.
Of course, we all know about the controversy that Meghan's father caused back in 2018 when he staged papparazi photos of himself...
And although Meghan seems to have firmly cut him out of her life ever since, he appears adamant on worming his way back in and has claimed he's apologized for his actions many times.
"I've never heard back from Meghan or Harry in any way, shape, or form."
Speaking on Good Morning Britain earlier this week, Thomas expressed his disappointment over his daughter's interview with Oprah.
"They went way over the top with it, these stories with Oprah, and should have waited. Considering the Queen's age and Philip's age, they should have waited, or tried to wait," he said.
"I'm very disappointed about it. I've apologized about this thing, what happened, at least 100 times or so. We all make mistakes… but I've never played naked pool and I've never dressed up like Hitler."
He then said he doesn't believe the royal family is racist.
"I have great respect for the royals and I don't think the British royal family are racist at all. I don't think the British are racist," he said when asked about Meghan's shocking claims of racism within the monarchy.
"I'm guessing and hoping it's just a dumb question from somebody. It could just be that simple, it could be somebody asked a stupid question, rather than being a total racist."
Thomas then gave an ultimatum for his daughter and son-in-law.
After discussing his disappointment in them, he pretty much said he won't stop doing interviews with the press until they make contact with him.
"When they say that I'm taking advantage of the press well basically what I do because I haven't heard from them is I'll do a story for the press," he said.
He thinks the couple live around seventy miles from him now since their relocation and added he is "available any time" to meet them and see Archie.
"When they decide to talk to me I'll stop talking to the press. I'd love to hear from them."
You can check out Thomas' full interview here:
Do you think this desperate plea will work? Or do you think Meghan and Harry will continue to snub him?